This is a professional tool that all serious racers should have. It’s inexpensive, easy to use, and provides useful data to gain the edge over your competition.
INTRODUCTION – The motor checker is a precision electronic device that is especially designed for measuring the KV value, RPM, current (amp) draw and sensor function of brushless motors, without the need of a speed control. The 2X 16 character LCD display shows real-time measurements of both sensored and sensor-less brushless motors. It runs on any 7.4v Li-Po battery pack, so no additional power suppy is required.
- BRUSHLESS MOTOR CHECKING (Both Sensored & Sensor-less)
- KV Measurement (how many thousands of RPM a motor has per volt of input power) For example: A 4.5kv motor produces 4,500 RPM’s for every 1 volt of input power. At 7.4 volts this motor would produce 33,300 RPM’s (4,500 x 7.4 = 33,300)
- RPM Measurement (8 throttle increments)
- Ampere Measurement (current draw by testing motor up to 18A)
2. SENSOR TEST
- Tests proper function of internal sensors (sensored motors only) – Very important if you are having problems with your motor. This is the first thing to check when your motor isn’t working properly.
3. MOTOR/CAR DIFF BREAK-IN
- Fix voltage from 2.5V to 7.2V or 10 steps cycle with variable voltage setting from 2.5V to 7.2V.
- INPUT VOLTAGE: 7.4 – 8.6V (Suggested to use a 7.4V 2S LiPo battery)
- LCD DISPLAY SCREEN: blue backlight background, white text, 16 characters x 2 lines
- DIMENSIONS: 136.5mm x 80.6mm x 47mm
- WEIGHT: 290 grams
- SUPPORTED MOTORS: Sensored or Sensor-less Brushless Motors (A) Standard 540 Size R/C Car Motor: 2.5 turn and over, 2 poles (B) Flight Motor: support sensor-less brushless motor, 6 poles (out-runner motor). All with current draw less than 18 amps at 8.4V without loading.
- Test Unit
- Power Cord
- Sensor Cable
- A, B, C Motor Connector Leads
- Detailed Instructions